MetaHud is an addon that adds a HUD to your UI, showing all the information normally displayed by the Player and Target frames and more. This is a derivative of Drathal’s HUD with some added features that are pretty useful…some of the excess stuff has been removed.
Here are the features:
- Health/Mana Bars colour levels.
- All Bars are animated.
- Shows Level, Name, Class and Elite/Boss, Pet, NPC.
- 4 Alpha Settings for: Combat/Target selected/No Target/Player is regging.
- 4 Displaymodes for Health/Mana.
- Many positioning and Scaling Options.
- Hide Blizzard Player/Targetframe.
- Target Menu with Leftclick on Targetname.
- Player Menu with Rightclick on Playername.
- Castingbar with Cast-time.
- Option to hide Petbars.
- Option to hide Targetbars/Text.
- Load-on-Demand configuration display.
- Target’s Target display – click to switch to that target.
- Aggro alert – audible and visual warnings.
- Target PvP status.
- Self PvP status.
- Status icons for Rested, Combat, Raid leader, and Loot Master.
- Target distance display.
- Support for Mobhealth, Mobinfo2, and Mobhealth2.
- FlightMap support.
- myAddons Support.
- FuBar Support.
So what’s the use of MetaHUD? You’ve got your health and the mob’s health at the top left of the screen as per the default World of Warcraft interface. Well, thats the problem. I play with a high resolution and a small UI which places that information at the far top-left of the screen, well away from the center of the screen. In tight situations, the act of pulling my eyes from the center of the screen – however easy that seems – can be the death of your character. You know…that idiot Alliance Rogue that’s creeping around to back-stab you and had your eyes remained in the center of the screen rather than checking your target’s health – you would have seen the little bastard appear for a split second and you could have reacted appropriately, pwned him, and continued on your merry way. But no. You find yourself pissed, dead, and rezzing at a graveyard.
Thats why MetaHUD is useful. Stop crying and download the mod. You can thank me later.