- Fixed a bug with Kellen’s Dagger that caused it to sometimes not get disabled when hit
- Fixed Land Mines tooltip
- Increased cast range of Kelen’s Dagger
- Undid previous Bottle changes. Bottle now works as follows: Costs 600 gold, does not require mana to refill, auto-fills it when you are near fountain, rune refills it to full, resells at 50% like normal, purchasable at base only, regenerates less than previously, has no usage cooldown.
- Fixed Medusa’s Mana Shield from triggering Essence Aura
- Fixed Searing Arrows’ tooltip
- Changed Hyperstone purchase hotkey to fix a conflict
- Fixed a bug with Invoker when creating illusions
- Updated Kelen’s Dagger tooltip
- Undid some of Morphling’s base damage buff from last version
- Fixed Bloodrage tooltip
- Fixed Pulse Nova and Invoker’s Reagents from triggering Last Word
- Smokescreen interrupts teleportation once again
- Color coded Invoker’s spell descriptions (203050)
- Improved Sange’s percentage and Yasha’s percentage, and lowered the recent buff on S&Y a little
- Fixed Vladmir’s Offering sell cost
- Increased Counter Helix chance by 2%
- Minor bonus armor in True Form
- Improved the effect timing on Split Earth (187877)
- -swapcancel code is triggered when a swap is successful (to prevent other accidental swaps)
- Improved Shuriken Toss cast range
- Added new Backtrack icon (183079)
- Changed Battlefury recipe slightly
- Lowered Poof casting time from 2 to 1.5 seconds
- Lowered Elder Dragon Form’s manacost and cooldown a little
- Added neutrals field to -cs
- Changed Phantom Edge’s secondary ability from evasion to magic resistance
- Replaced Phantom Assassin’s Shadow Strike with a different similar ability (132694)
- Fixed a minor coding bug with Time Lapse
- Fixed Impale based spells from moving Juggernaut during Omnislash
- Added new icon for Melting Strike
- Reduced some lag with Invoker
- Fixed level 1 March of the Machines doing slightly less damage than intended
- Removed stock cooldown on Ironwood Branch
- Added a new system that tracks when you help an ally kill a hero (no gameplay ramifications at this point)
- -swap is now allowed in -sd
- Fixed some minor neutrals’ vision and pathing glitches
- Lowered level 1 and 2 cast range on Replicate
- Lowered Phantom Assassin’s cast animation time
- Fixed a bug with Exorcism’s cooldown after leveling Witchcraft
- Fixed some issues with -ah
- Refined how some kill related messages and sounds are shown
- Increased mana regeneration on Perseverance by 25%
- Lowered Buriza recipe by 250 gold
- Changed Voodoo Restoration to heal over a smoother interval (same total regen)
- Lowered Manta Style’s cooldown a bit
- Fixed a bug with Voodoo Restoration and Impales
- Fixed a bug with invoker in -spreverse
- Fixed some inconsistencies with tower visions (TheLoneWolf14)
- Increased duration of Lycanthrope’s wolves a bit and allowed them to attack air
- Temporarily disabled -unstuck command
- Fixed some big performance problems lower end machines were having
- Fixed some rare bugs that caused heroes to not revive
- Fixed -swaphero, neutral creep spawn time and initial gold in -xl
- Added new mode -xl(Extended League Mode)
- Reworked the Roshan Terrain area for improved Sentinel accessibility (lots of miscellaneous tweaks and mechanics to that area have been done beyond simply terrain change)
- Fixed the multiple hero exploit
- Recoded the death timer. It is more accurate now (the display was off before, you don’t revive any faster than you used to)
- Items with armor bonuses no longer stack (Vladmir/Basilius/Assault)
- Fixed a bug with Satanic that was giving it extra life steal
- Fixed some bugs with Mekansm, Morphling Stat Change and Hand of God that caused the death timer to not properly show
- Added Bottle to the new secret shop
- Undid some of the Toughness Aura buff from last version
- Tinker no longer Rearms Arcane Ring
- Slightly reduced creep collision size due to the increased number in the last patch towards the end of the game
- Fixed Sentinel ranged creeps having slightly less regen than Scourge ranged creeps
- Mekansm and Bloodstone now tell the user when they fail to heal him properly due to stacking rules
- Watchers give slightly less gold (due to their new radiance vulnerability last patch)
- Fixed various typos
- Fixed Ring of Basilius ability from working on CotS and Essence Aura
- Song of the Siren properly sleeps units out of its vision
- Items that can be disassembled now tell you when you buy them
- Fixed a bug with chicken that lets you sell unsellable items
- Fixed Throne not providing the lifesteal capability that World Tree does
- Reduced Radiance damage bonus from 70 to 60
- Fixed Phantom Assassin’s Blink Strike range
- Death Board is on by default now (-don)
- Observer Wards last a little longer now
- Reduced Avernus’ movement speed by 5
- Temporarily disabled Meepo in -dm to fix some bugs
- Fixed the Doppelwalk and Lothar’s Edge “0!” text
- The icon for turning Rot off is now more obvious
- Changed Meepo Attribute Bonus from 40% to 25%
- Improved Unstable Concoction (When you cast it, you lock vision on the target while you channel)
- Various nerfs to Alchemist: Acid Spray AOE (700-550), Acid Spray Mana (120->160), Str/lvl (2.4->1.8), Int/lvl (1.5->1.0), Lowered health regen on level 1 ultimate, Greed Stack Duration (20->18), Greed Gold Cap (20->18), Movement Speed (300->290) but level 2 and 3 of his ultimate give him a minor boost back to his normal speed, Slight base armor reduction
- Fixed Cheese to heal the proper amount
- Fixed the creep spawn sound from happening too early in -mm
When I played World of Warcraft before my hiatus, TitanPanel was all the rage. What did it do? Well, it put this sexy little bar at the top of your UI with a lot of useful information that would otherwise have taken up a large area on the screen with the default UI. Titan Panel was excellent in that it provided easy to use hooks for other User Interface developers to tie their mods in with TitanPanel.
My new love in minimized data display in a sexy-little-bar format? FuBar. Why? Well…its basically the same mod with a slightly uglier texture behind it…but it has one amazing benefit that sold me on first use. You can have more than one bar!!!!! There’s a bit more than that so I’ll list FuBar’s features below:
- Drag and drop rearragement of plugins.
- Any plugin can exist on left or right.
- Automatically adjust frames (can be turned off)
- Any number of bars (not limited to just 2), you can attach to the top, bottom, or detach any amount you want.
- Can detach a tooltip and pin it to the UI.
- Object-oriented design.
- LoadOnDemand capabilities for plugins.
- Modularity (absolutely no plugins are intimitely connected to the core)
- Minimal resource usage
- Lots of handy features for developers.
- Well documented API.
- Skinning support
- Can change the thickness, font size, transparency, spacing through simple sliders on the right-click menu.
- Can place plugins on the minimap, which will function like standard minimap buttons.
Yet another mod you should adopt.
MetaHud is an addon that adds a HUD to your UI, showing all the information normally displayed by the Player and Target frames and more. This is a derivative of Drathal’s HUD with some added features that are pretty useful…some of the excess stuff has been removed.
Here are the features:
- Health/Mana Bars colour levels.
- All Bars are animated.
- Shows Level, Name, Class and Elite/Boss, Pet, NPC.
- 4 Alpha Settings for: Combat/Target selected/No Target/Player is regging.
- 4 Displaymodes for Health/Mana.
- Many positioning and Scaling Options.
- Hide Blizzard Player/Targetframe.
- Target Menu with Leftclick on Targetname.
- Player Menu with Rightclick on Playername.
- Castingbar with Cast-time.
- Option to hide Petbars.
- Option to hide Targetbars/Text.
- Load-on-Demand configuration display.
- Target’s Target display – click to switch to that target.
- Aggro alert – audible and visual warnings.
- Target PvP status.
- Self PvP status.
- Status icons for Rested, Combat, Raid leader, and Loot Master.
- Target distance display.
- Support for Mobhealth, Mobinfo2, and Mobhealth2.
- FlightMap support.
- myAddons Support.
- FuBar Support.
So what’s the use of MetaHUD? You’ve got your health and the mob’s health at the top left of the screen as per the default World of Warcraft interface. Well, thats the problem. I play with a high resolution and a small UI which places that information at the far top-left of the screen, well away from the center of the screen. In tight situations, the act of pulling my eyes from the center of the screen – however easy that seems – can be the death of your character. You know…that idiot Alliance Rogue that’s creeping around to back-stab you and had your eyes remained in the center of the screen rather than checking your target’s health – you would have seen the little bastard appear for a split second and you could have reacted appropriately, pwned him, and continued on your merry way. But no. You find yourself pissed, dead, and rezzing at a graveyard.
Thats why MetaHUD is useful. Stop crying and download the mod. You can thank me later.
I’m a huge fan of DotA…Warcraft III AoS maps are excellent LAN/Battle.net games that should be played by every Warcraft RTS fan at least once. Recently the group of guys that I play DotA on a periodic basis with decided to try out a new tower defense map. (which I have available for download here)
The map was Age of Myths, created by Clan TDW. The game is very similar to DotA in that there are two opposing sides, the goal is to destroy the other’s base, and each side spawns creeps that follow a specific path and attack anything in their way. Each player chooses a hero that has an allotment of abilities that add to the deadliness of the game and can buy items (Here’s the official list) to augment those abilities. Thats about as similar as it gets.
Here are some good/interesting differences:
- AoM is a 12 player game (DotA is 10 player)
- The map has an uber-zoom-out…this is awesome
- The map has the ability to trigger re-matches where teams switch sides and pick new heroes
- Bases are in the top left and bottom right of the map
- Rebalance mode. If there is a leaver, the players can request a rebalance which will sort the players into a fairly balanced match-up
- The map sports 4 lanes rather than 3
- The map sports custom models
- There’s some funny custom sounds
- There are 16 heroes in the game
- Maximum hero level is 20
- Spell effects are MUCH more elaborate than DotA
- There are categorized items that can only be carried/purchased by specific hero types
- Players can purchase builders to repair buildings
- Additional troops can be purchased to help push a lane
- Like DotA, you accrue money over time and with each kill, however, when you get a hero kill you gain a spirit point. These spirit points (or kill points) can be used to purchase items that cannot be purchased with money.
- One of my favorite things is: All abilities for every hero are controled with Q, W, E, R, and T. There is no need to hunt around and memorize a different short-cut key set for each hero
But, with all those cool features, there are some drawbacks:
- Its may be a bit unbalanced…for example: the caster classes are the only ones that can buy an item (and its cheap!) that allows them to teleport to anywhere on the map where a friendly structure exists.
- The map is a bit big…I’m not sure the size is quite necessary. I may be singing a different tune when I play with more people.
All-in-all it makes for a fun game. If you are a fan of DotA, I’d highly suggest giving this one a shot as it shows real promise. Its a blast to play and has some sweet features. I guarantee you that my friends and I will be playing AoM a lot more! Oh and if you’re curious, here’s a list of heroes available:
- Bjorn Ironside – Dwarven Berserker
- Sasaki Kojiro – Chujo Ryu Swordsman
- Cosmos – Astral Mage
- Gigas – Titan
- Roland – Paladin
- Monsopiad – Headhunter
- Storm – Weather Seer
- Triton – Water Archon
- Arachna – Lycosa Tarentula
- Ghelgath – Frost Fiend
- Sludge – Virus
- Admiral Galbator – Phantasmal Pirate
- Magnus – Minotaur
- Scox – Skeletal Marksman
- Nergal – Dark Druid
- Narglauth – Fire Caller
That’s a brief list of the heroes as the stand now, I’ll be featuring each one in its own blog post soon to discuss their skills, give screenshots, etc.