Shortly after one of my friends created a video on a 10-Paladin instance run in Stratholme Dead, he asked the following:
Why did Blizzard make the paladin names pink in a raid, anyway?
For those curious, here’s the reason:
- Many Horde players hate Paladins because of Shield+Hearth
- Because of this, the Horde (and some jealous Alliance members) consider Paladins to be dinks.
- So Paladin could be written as: Paladink
- Another way to write ‘male’ is ‘lad’
- While referring to an individual Paladink male, you could refer to him as ‘a lad’
- Many male players like to play female characters, and most female players play female characters.
- Since many Paladinks are not male (lads), ‘a lad’ was dropped from the name
- Which gives us…: Pink
The color is simply equal to the class’ name.