If you haven’t been acquainted with the site, its a wishlist site with a schlew of features. The high point is the ability to secure down lists and grant access to specific buddy groups. I’m pleased to say that we have gained a decent member base in the past 8 months and I am also happy to say that things are going to change around shortly!
MasterWish was built using SAJAX as the tool of choice for Ajax communication but as I’ve mentioned in the past, I am a Prototype convert. My knowledge of Ajax, JSON, and general application structure has been morphing so much in recent weeks that I have held off in completely revamping the wish list site.
Things are changing. I have begun the work to implement the following:
- Creation of more “hackable” Web Service APIs using SOAP and REST
- Representation of data using both XML and JSON
- Ajax powered by Prototype
- Sweet DOM manipulation powered by Script.aculo.us
- Separation of Layout and Logic with event:Selectors
- and of course, we’re already doing: Server-Side Templating for greater separation of Layout and Logic.
Sign up. Stay tuned. Get gifts.